- Since Oct. 2014: INSA Lyon, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Ampère Lab. Assistant/Associate Professor (Maître de Conférences, tenured in Oct. 2015).
- 2012-2014: UC San Diego MAE, San Diego, CA. Postdoctoral Scholar. Advisor: Professor Miroslav Krstic.
- Boundary control of PIDEs with non-strict-feedback terms (Fredholm integrals).
- State Estimation for Partial Differential Equations.
- Energy applications: Li-ion batteries.
- Participation in ARPA-e AMPED program in partnership with Robert Bosch LLC.
- 2012 Université de Grenoble / GIPSA-lab, Grenoble, France. Ph.D. in Control Systems. Dissertation: Infinite dimensional control and Input-to-State stability of the safety factor profile in a tokamak plasma. Advisors: E. Witrant and C. Prieur. [Video]
- Research: Non-homogeneous transport stability and control.
- Energy applications: Tokamaks.
- Teaching Assistant in Control Systems at Grenoble INP (ENSE3).
- Advisor of a Master student in LPV systems with application to tokamak control.
- Collaborations within France (CEA) and with Switzerland (EPFL).
- Participation in European Union projects FR-FCM (EURATOM) and HYCON2 (FP7).
- 2009 Grenoble INP / GIPSA-lab, Grenoble, France. M.S. in Control Systems. Thesis: Model predictive control of autonomous skid-steering vehicles. Advisors: N. Marchand and O. Sename.
- Mention Trés Bien (With High Honors).
- Collaboration with Vietnam (IPHCMV).
- 2009 Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Monterrey, Mexico. B.S. in Mechatronics Engineering.
- Mención Honorífica de Excelencia (With Highest Honors).
- International degree program.
- Advanced Learning Program for High Achievement (ALPHA).
- Research and Innovation program.
Teaching / Advising Experience
- Since 2015 INSA Lyon, Advisor
- 2015- David Bou-Saba
- 2017- Kévin Mariette
- 2017- Kévin Lauzier
- Since 2014 INSA Lyon, Lyon, France. Assistant/Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department.
- 2009-2012 Grenoble INP, Grenoble, France. Instructor.
- Doctorant contractuel enseignant (Moniteur) at ENSE3. Control Systems.
- 2012 Advisor of a Master student on LPV systems with application to Tokamak plasmas.
- 2006-2007 Prepanet, Monterrey, Mexico. Highschool Teacher.
Editorial and Related Activities
- Associate Editor, European Journal of Control since 2018
- Associate Editor, Conference Editorial Board of the IEEE Control Systems Society (CDC, ACC) since 2016
- Reviewer for several journals and conferences including:
- IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (outstanding reviewer 2012)
- Systems & Control Letters
- Journal of the Franklin Institute
- International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control
- International Journal of Control
- Participation in the Program Committee for the 2013 ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Conference (Stanford)